Friday, March 29, 2013

Home Stretch

We've come to the 3rd and final trimester - WHAT?! I know, it's crazy to think about but we're here. I still can believe that in just 11 weeks {or less} we get to meet our sweet girl. A lot has been happening over the past few weeks. I'll try to break everything down and yes, even include some pictures!

So, first things first, my "mommy" came to visit last week and we bought all of the furniture for the nursery {crib, night stand, dresser, etc.}. I was nervous that it wasn't going to come in time but Potterybarn Kids really has their sh*t together and we got everything in less than one week! The crib is already together as is the nightstand but we're still working on the dresser and changing table situation. We're also still debating on the chair that can fit in the room and if we really want to sell a kidney {or 2} to pay for said chair. As D-day {delivery day} quickly approaches we run out of time {read: options} for the chairs we can order. I guess it's crunch time!



Crib and the infamous wall



The lamp that you see was inspired by this lamp from, you guessed it, PBK. I've been looking at this lamp since the day I found out I was pregnant; turns out, willing the lamp to appear on my doorstep for free didn't work. I kept thinking, "I could totally make that lamp!" So, while my mom was visiting she convinced me to do it. We went to Ross {such a hit or miss store, am I right?} and found a cute little lamp with a glass base for $14.99 {winning!}. Then we went to Michael's, my mom's second home, armed with our 40% coupons, and proceeded to buy every single pink/white rose on their shelves. Even though we bought every stem in the local Michael's, I still didn't have enough to cover the lamp shade! {Shout out to the mama and Auntie Jolene for pulling through and getting the rest of the flowers for me from all over the state of California!} I seriously cannot wait until this room is done. The nesting is beginning to hit HARD.

Even Jake likes the lamp!


In other news, we've been taking baby classes at the hospital which are going pretty well. Our teachers have been quite the cast of characters but we've learned a lot {everything from labor to bathing a small nugget}. Doctor's appointments are becoming more frequent and at the last one I learned that I had only gained 14 pounds so far! Now, I'm calling shenanigans on the whole thing {basically because this means that I was way bigger than I thought when I got pregnant}. I say we call it a wash at 20 pounds. Doctor also said he expects at least 10 more pounds! 10 MORE POUNDS?! 10 more pounds on a person my height is a lot, but, hey, anything for Tater. Not sure how I will be doing this {less her weight gain} because I'm back to having a normal appetite and heartburn like I ate at the greasiest of greasy spoons. But, don't worry, I'm sure I'll manage to do it.

I can't believe that it's already April. Next weekend Brian, Jake, Tater, and I are all going to Santa Barbara for a little R&R, our maternity shoot, and my baby shower! I'm so excited to spend my last allotted travel time with the people I love the most. Below is the most recent picture I've got and there will be plenty more in the next few weeks - don't you worry!

28 weeks, 3 days

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE LAMP! You really did a great job! You, as always look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for sharing & see you next week! <3 Nana

    ReplyDelete